Eligibility and Selection Procedure for Diploma in Nautical Science (DNS) in The Great Eastern Institute of Maritime Studies
a)1) Pass in 10+2!examination from arecognized Board with Physics, Chemistry Mathematics (PCM) with not less than 60% marks in PCM.
II)Students who have appeared!for 10+2 examination, waiting for results are eligible to apply &they will qualify for admission, subject to their securing minimum 180 marks in PCM (60%).
b) Pass in B.Sc. With Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics with not less than 55% marks in final year from a recognized university. Physics should be an individual subject in one of the years in B.Sc.
c) Great opportunity to students, who are present studying in1st or 2nd year B. Sc. If they have scored minimum with 60% in PCM in Class XII.
d) B.E. /B.Tech degree from I.I.T. or from a college recognized!by AICTE Marks not less than 55% in final year
Minimum 50% in English subject as a separate subject, at either 10th or 12th Standard or in Degree, conducted by a recognized Board or University.
Age Limit: Note More than 25 years
1. Candidates should be healthy and physically fit for sea service as per STCW 95/MS Medical Rules 2000, and all its amendments, as applicable to seafarers.
2. Candidates will have to undergo a full medical checkup through our Panel Doctor & approved By D.G. Shipping.
3. To know more about STCW 95/MS Medical Rules 2000, kindly visit D.G. Shippingwebsite“www.dgshipping.com".
1. 6/6 in each eye without visual aids.
2. Normal colour vision.
3. Candidates will have to undergo a full eyesight test by a Company Medical Officer and or Eye Sight Test by Mercantile Marine Department, Government of India (if required).